hilary is awesome

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mommas Weekend Mini Sessions!

I had quite the busy weekend. I hosted a mini session day in Clayton on Saturday and Sunday. We did it as a fundraiser for Neil's squadron.. well the ladies in the squadron at least. It was an interesting day for me having not photographed too too many children. Almost every family had kids. I was pretty nervous going into it because of that. There were some families that hadn't had family photos done since they were married and one family that hadn't had them for ten years. Their youngest son wasn't even in it! That definitely puts the pressure on me. Because who knows.. they might not have another until their oldest sons wedding. I'm kidding Andrea.. but seriously- that is a long time! I was also a bit nervous about not being able to get creative enough. Typically people see my photos and always compliment me on my colors and the creativeness. Its hard to get creative in 15 minutes! I think I managed it alright though. There were also a lot of bribes for these kiddos, most of them were for ice cream or candy but my favorite was a bribe for money. These kids these days have so much power! Anyway, it was so nice getting to meet all those people I wouldn't usually have met and it was nice seeing those I already knew. I very much appreciate everyone coming out in the heat on Saturday and on mothers day on Sunday! Here are a few of my favorites from the weekend.

Photobucket
The older one seems thrilled..
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I said "look at the ants in my lens" and he sure did.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Obviously this isnt in the forest. I met up with these two newly engaged cuties in Smithfield before I headed over to the forest.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

Alicia!! said...

Hilary!!!! These are some of the best photos I've ever seen from you! I really am impressed! These families are lucky to have these pictures! The kids- OH MY GOSH! what you do to their eyes is so amazing. or maybe their eyes are just that amazing. either way they look so beautiful but not fake or too edited or anything. and the ones of a couple and a child (or children) are sooo good. And I LOVE the one with them and their dog. I don't know why I'm so excited about these but I am!

What Hilary is getting into!

    follow me on Twitter

    Be a fan on facebook!