hilary is awesome

Friday, January 22, 2010

hello lens...baby!

I don't think I ever mentioned today that when I got home I recieved a few packages in the mail. It was a great day for parts of North Carolina to flood right? Oddly enough the packages weren't really that wet. I had been gone for the most part of the day.

A few days ago I finally decided on what to order with my rewards from my credit card. I knew I wanted it to be photography related but.. what? I had been trying to decide for months and finally came to the conclusion. A lens baby. I even spoiled myself a bit and bought the macro kit and the wide angle/telephoto kit as well(ill practice with those outside tomorrow). I still have 6000ish points left even. I would have liked to get a more useful lens but the ones I wanted I would have to be saving for quite a while.

anyway, this lens will take a lot of getting used to. Ive been doing a bit of research and it says to just practice making things infocus in the center. so.. here's my practice shots.

thread

thread

fabic

my doggies decided to join in on the action.
meet skippy. she doesnt doo much but look up and fart.
look at those sweet eyes
I like the black&white as well.
miss skippy
I was going after her right eye here.. well her left eye technically. its kinda out of focus but not too bad.
eye ball

sleepy

This is Jiffy.
He really likes photos. He just doesnt understand the whole 50mm thing. Its easier with wideangles with him. Also, he is shaggy so you cant see his eyes. I wonder if that bothers him?
love that ear

Then i did a few ring shots. Nothing special..
ring
ring

These were all shot with ISO 1250. The noise isn't too bad. I kind of like it even..

I'm really hoping to be able to bust this lens out during a few sessions next week in Orlando. So ladies.. and gents be prepared to stand still for a few minutes while I attempt to get it right.

Also, Ill be in Orlando(like I mentioned above) next week from the 28-3rdish. If you would like to have a session with me send me an email!

1 comments:

Julie Branyan said...

I've been wanting a lensbaby for a long time. So awesome you got it with your points. I love the ring shot! I might have to go buy one now. :) also, I love the grain too! It gives them an awesome texture.

What Hilary is getting into!

    follow me on Twitter

    Be a fan on facebook!